Frequently Asked Questions
Family & Community Support Services
Where can I get community information?
Contact the St. Albert Community Information and Volunteer Centre at 780-459-6666.
Check out the NEW St. Albert Seniors Directory!
I want information and statistics about my neighbourhood.
Check out the Neighbourhood Development pages of the website.
I want to plan a Block Party. How do I get started?
Check out Block Party Information.
Is there a plan for St. Albert's seniors?
What are the results of the Asset Development surveys that St. Albert students completed?
I am going through a separation / divorce. Where can I get information/help?
For a variety of provincial government information check out the Alberta Government website.
For legal information and advice, call the Family Law Information Centre at 780-415-0404.
For marriage or individual counselling contact:
- Psychologists of Alberta Referral Line at 780-428-8255, or
- Through your employment benefits, you may be covered for the Employee Family Assistance Program. This confidential service allows employers to purchase a range of counselling services and psycho-educational services for their employees and specified family members. This service facilitates the identification and resolution of a wide range of personal problems that may be adversely affecting an organization’s employee productivity, including marital, family, work-related, substance abuse, and critical incident stress. Am I eligible? Refer to your employee benefits.
For income support, subsidy and/or benefit information contact:
- Provincial Government Financial Assistance Programs
- St. Albert Rental Assistance Program Application
- Federal Child and Family Benefits
- Subsidy for City of St. Albert Recreation and Culture Programs. (For example: swimming lessons) contact Donna at 780-459-1755 extension 3077.