- you will be informed, at the point of collection, that your personal information is being collected and the purpose for which it is being collected;
- you have a right of access to your information;
- you have control over how the City obtains, uses, and discloses your personal information; and
- all uses of information are subject to you not having refused or withdrawn consent, unless disclosure is made for legal purposes.
- the Internet domain and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access the City's web site;
- the type of browser and operating system used to access the City's site;
- the date and time you access the City's site;
- the pages you visit on the City's site; and
The City uses this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors, to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. The City does not track or record information about individuals and their visits.
5. If you choose to provide the City with personal information in an e-mail or by filling out an electronic form and submit it to the City through our web site, the City will use that information to respond to your message and to assist us to provide you the requested information or service.
6. E-mail messages are subject to FOIP. The personal information you share with the City is provided only to those areas that are required to carry out the business that relates to you. All e-mail messages sent or received are the property of the City and may be accessed by department heads or their delegates without further consent of the author. All e-mail messages required to be retained by law will be printed and maintained through a records management process.
7. Security measures are implemented in order that web services remain available to all users. The City computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify attempts to tamper with information, or to otherwise cause damage.
8. This policy is subject to change without notice.
For more information:
Legislative Services Department
Chief Legislative Officer
St. Albert Place
5 St. Anne Street
St. Albert, AB T8N 3Z9