Pop Ups and Patios
At the June 1, 2020 Council meeting, Council approved Bylaw 30/2020, being amendment 15 to Traffic Bylaw 18/2005. The amendment establishes a temporary, streamlined permitting process enabling businesses to set up minor patios and sidewalk retail pop-ups on City-owned land. The businesses will be required to provide proof of insurance and an indemnity to the City as part of the permitting process.
- The streamlined permitting process for minor patios and retail pop-ups is a temporary measure that will be in place until October 15, 2020, unless otherwise extended by Council resolution.
- The process will be available to any business in downtown St. Albert and will permit unfenced minor patios and retail pop-ups abutting right up to store-fronts.
- No alcohol sales will be permitted.
- There will be no fees for permits.
- This will not be done on a cost-sharing basis; therefore, any costs incurred for the set-up of a minor patio or sidewalk retail pop-up will be borne fully by the businesses themselves.
- Administration will be prepared to start accepting applications on June 2, 2020.
For More Information
Last edited: June 5, 2020