Peacefully situated in the northeast corner of St. Albert on Poundmaker Road, the St. Albert Municipal Cemetery is beautifully landscaped with manicured lawns, blooming flowers and mature trees. Spruce, evergreen and willow trees surround the cemetery, lending shade to these special grounds, and giving dignity to this final resting place.
The cemetery provides a full range of services including ash burials, regular plots for full burials, a Field of Honour for veterans, an ash scattering area and columbaria for ash cremains. There is also a memorial pillow to commemorate the names of loved ones who have been interred elsewhere or whose ashes are in the ash-scattering garden or another location.
In the southeast portion of the Cemetery, stands a memorial cairn, established in 1990, commemorating 98 patients from the Charles Camsell Hospital. The individuals interred here are more than patients of the hospital, they are loved ones who were lost, and disconnected from their families from the Northwest Territories, the Yukon, and from the western provinces including British Columbia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan. More information about this can be found in the topics section below.
The cemetery is owned and operated by the City of St. Albert in the interest of the public. All monies received from cemetery services are utilized in the administration, development, extension and care of the cemetery.
Visitors are always welcome at the St. Albert Municipal Cemetery.
For more information, please contact Cemetery Services at 780-459-1500.
Topics in this section
Last edited: October 23, 2023