About The Collective
The Collective Mission
Young people are valued, actively engaged and receive the necessary supports to develop positively.
What is The Collective?
The Collective is a brand new concept for St. Albert that will offer shoppers in the St. Albert Perron District, a curated collection of eclectic and fun items along with a unique shopping experience. It is a shared space involving and supporting young people through business, service and collaboration. The store front facing St. Thomas street will become a pop-up style space where young St. Albert entrepreneurs can start their own mini retail businesses collaboratively and benefit from mentorship provided by successful business partners who are passionate about seeing new and exciting retail thrive.
What Makes The Collective Unique?
- The Collective offers a blend of support services, space for community groups to access and opportunities for young people to develop a retail business.
- An intake specialist is on site to support and advocate for young people who are in need of resources.
- St. Albert young people experience social inclusion and value diversity
- St. Albert young people are engaged in their communities
- St. Albert young people will have access to resources and support they need in a timely manner
- St. Albert young people have the skills and resources needed to develop a successful career or business
The decision to build a new space that would support youth was approved by City Council in January 2015.
Public engagement for the The Collective has been ongoing since 2010. This happened through the Social Master Plan engagement process, interviews of 92 youth in the summer of 2015 and sessions with students each year at the BAM retreats.
Public Engagement Feedback
- Youth require mental health support
- Youth require social support and employment support
- Youth need mentors
- Youth want to be engaged in the community
Last edited: March 6, 2017