Hearing Loops in St. Albert
The City of St. Albert has installed a number of hearing loops as a trial project to evaluate the needs for this system for the residents of St. Albert.
What is a hearing loop?
A hearing loop is a wire that circles a room and is connected to a sound system. The loop transmits the sound electromagnetically. The electromagnetic signal is then picked up by the tele coil in the hearing aid or cochlear implant. Loop systems allow hearing impaired people to hear more clearly. For a person to use the loop system, they must have the ‘t coil program’ activated to be able to connect to the audio.
Please note: Individual hearing aid providers can activate the t coil and provide instructions on how to access the program
The following locations are now equipped with the hearing loop devices:
- The Arden Theatre Box Office
- Fountain Park Recreation Center – Customer Service Desk
- St. Albert Public Library – Circulation Desk
- Servus Place – Various Reception Counters
- St. Albert Place – Customer Service Center, 1st Floor
Please visit the following links to learn more about hearing loops.
Last edited: July 10, 2018