It Starts with Me
What can I do in my own community to be more inclusive?
- Watch the St. Albert It Starts with Me whiteboard animations. Share them with your family, friends, co-workers and neighbours. Discuss your thoughts. Ask respectful questions. Learn more.
- A common language can help us avoid confusion and misunderstanding. Here are some Terms to Get Started.
- Read the Snapshots of Groups at risk of Exclusion in our community. Each snapshot has a Reads with books available from the St. Albert Public Library.
- Think about the people you interact with every day; at work, at school, at play and in your neighbourhood and ask:
- Who is not included?
- Why are they excluded?
- What can I do differently to ensure inclusion in my community?
- Help us expand the conversation. Invite Community & Social Development to your club, gathering or organization for a workshop or discussion on being a Welcoming & Inclusive Community.
- Indicate your preferred gender pronouns in your email signature lines. (ie. Preferred pronouns: she/her or he/him).
Last edited: July 11, 2019