Building Safe & Caring Neighbourhoods in Canada's Block Party Capital
Block parties are a fun way to get to know your neighbour! Getting together with neighbours for a warm evening of fun and food is an enjoyable way to meet and renew connections among the people in your area. Neighbours who know each other, look out for one another. This active participation in the community is a critical element in developing a caring and safe community.
Help us reach our goal of A Block Party on every street!
Register your Block Party
If you plan to host your party on the street, you will need permission from the City. In order to receive this a “Permission to Block the Street” form must be completed and returned to the Community & Social Development (CSD) office at least 10 days prior to your party.
Once your request is approved you will be able to access official barricades to block the street during your party.
If you are looking for cultural or creative activities for your party, here are a few ideas:
- Block Party Activities Guide (children and adults)
- Art in Public Places: Self-guided Tour
- Spruce Up your block: Neighbourhood Clean Up
- Visit the Little Free Library
Stay connected with your neighbours during the colder months, try a Winter Block Party!
When you register your Block Party, you can access lots of great resources for free:
- Free Block Party Resources
- Recreation equipment is available to borrow from the City. There are 10 recreation grab-bags available. These include a variety of games and equipment for use at your party. The grab-bags are available on a first come first serve basis.
- Art and cultural activities, as available
- Visits from Mayor and our Council members
More ... new opportunities added every year!
Neighbourhood Watch and Citizen’s Patrol will provide free hamburgers, hot dogs and buns for St. Albert Block Parties in an effort to promote safety in our community.
In return, block party organizers are asked to deliver crime prevention flyers to every home on their street prior to the party.
Need some help with your party?
Last edited: February 24, 2020