Little Free Libraries
What is a Little Free Library?
It’s a “take a book, return a book” gathering place where neighbours share their favorite books and literature. In its most basic form, a Little Free Library is a box full of books where anyone can stop by and pick up a book (or two) and bring back another book to share.
Why have a Little Free Library?
- Can be a neighbourhood gathering place.
- A local place where neighbours can meet and get to know one another.
- Provides a way for people to give to their community.
Promote Reading and Literacy
- It’s always nice to read a book recommended by others.
- Having a Little Free Library in your neighbourhood is cool!
- Kids can participate by sharing their favourite books and reading some of the treasures left by others.
Last edited: July 10, 2018