Good Neighbour Recognition Program
Recognize a neighbour who has helped you or others in a time of need or has shown leadership through initiatives that help make your neighbourhood safe, connected and friendly.
Request a formal recognition through the Mayor’s Office and your good neighbour will be eligible to receive:
- A letter from the Mayor and a “Good Neighbour Recognition” certificate.
This program will continue after the COVID-19 pandemic but for now consider nominating your neighbour for actions such as:
- Shopping or running errands for neighbours who are under quarantine or at risk, including seniors and those with chronic illnesses.
- Reaching out regularly to neighbours through friendly phone calls, neighbourhood newsletters or Facebook groups.
- Helping a neighbour in need to access community supports.
- Bringing joy to neighbours by organizing a neighbourhood-wide activity such as themed window art, Zoom Game Nights or Happy Hours.
- Helping neighbours to help others by organizing neighbourhood-wide efforts such as food drives or fundraisers for local charities.
Last edited: May 20, 2020