Emergency Reception Centre Volunteers
As part of the City of St. Albert’s Emergency Response Plan, should the need arise to accommodate evacuees, an Emergency Reception Centre (ERC) will be established.
The ideal candidate is comfortable interacting with people of all ages who may be experiencing confusion and significant stress and can work in a team environment.
Emergency Social Services 101
- Wednesday, January 15th 6:30-8:00 pm
- Thursday, February 6th 9:00-11:00 am
- Contact email@example.com to register
Detailed Job Responsibilities
- Assist with operations of the ERC with one of the following possible functions: Meet & Greet, Registration & Referral, Meal distribution, scribe, runner or other assistants.
- Assist with set up/take down of the Emergency Reception Centre.
- Attend any required briefings.
- Remain at your post.
- Identify any emerging issues or safety concerns and report to your direct supervisor.
- Ensure proper documentation and record-keeping procedures are followed.
- Brief replacement for next shift.
- Assist evacuees with registrations and inquiries.
- Must commit to and attend any scheduled training required.
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent individual and group communication skills.
- Compassionate and able to work in a stressful environment.
- Outgoing and enthusiastic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Reliable and professional.
- A criminal record check is required of all volunteers.
Last edited: January 8, 2020