Energy Conservation Action Plan
The Local Action Plan for Energy Conservation and Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions describes the current state of energy use and greenhouse gas emissions in St. Albert. The Local Action Plan also provides actions for reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the short-, medium-, and long-term for the City of St. Albert, it residents and its businesses. This Local Action Plan was also developed within the Partners for Climate Protection (PCP) Program framework which assists municipalities in reducing GHG emissions through a five step guided approach. This Local Action Plan meets step 3 of the PCP Program.
The benefits of conserving energy and reducing greenhouse gas emissions include:
- Improving health and quality of life by reducing air, land, and water pollution in our community and surrounding areas;
- Reducing St. Albert's contribution to climate change;
- Limiting the vulnerability of households and businesses to unexpected increases in energy prices;
- Reducing energy bills for the City, households, and businesses;
- Contributing to St. Albert's and Alberta's reputation as responsible environmental stewards.
Last edited: November 29, 2019