Clean Air Day
Clean Air Day Activities - June 5, 2019
Celebrate Clean Air Day with free transit and bike tune up. St. Albert Transit is offering free bus rides all day and monthly pass holders will be entered into a draw to win a monthly bus pass. Plus, if you are looking to ride safely this Clean Air Day, the City is offering complimentary bicycle tune ups. For more details on Bike Month check out the event webpage.
Clean Air Day takes place the first Wednesday of June each year and is part of Environment Week celebrations. Each year on Clean Air Day we raise awareness of environmentally-friendly activities that promote clean air and good health.
Did You Know?
- People who travel by public transit create 65% fewer greenhouse gas emissions than if they travel by car.
- One bus on the road is equal to taking approximately 40 cars off the road.
- Trees add oxygen to our air. Overall St. Albert’s tree canopy covers over 10% of the city.
- In 2017, the City installed a 301-kilowatt solar panel system on the St. Albert Transit Building. This solar array, the biggest in Alberta, supplies approximately one-third of the building's electricity.
- St. Albert's air quality monitoring station reports the Air Quality Health Index (AQHI), which links outdoor air quality to health risks. Download the AQHI Canada app to get real-time St. Albert air quality data from your smart phone.
- Seven electric buses have been added to St. Albert Transit fleet. With the installation of the solar panels, these buses are operating from the electricity generated by the sun.
Walk, bike, carpool or ride transit on Clean Air Day and everyday!
Last edited: May 16, 2019