Alcohol in Designated Park Spaces
In accordance with the Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Act and the City's Parks Bylaw 07/2022, alcohol consumption is permitted in four St. Albert parks in designated areas only as clearly indicated in on-site signage and in the maps below.
The following parks have areas designated for the responsible consumption of alcohol:
The following are enforceable offences:
- Alcohol consumption is only permitted in designated areas and only between the hours of 11 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- It is unlawful to be intoxicated in public
- It is unlawful to drive while intoxicated
- Please have a transportation plan or designated driver in mind before consuming alcohol in the designated park areas
- It is unlawful to consume alcohol under the age of 18
- Public alcohol consumption is not permitted during Events as defined in the Parks Bylaw 07/2022.
Please respect other park users, drink responsibly and ensure you leave the park area in good condition. Remove all garbage and recyclables when you leave.
The City of St. Albert reminds park users that all regulations pertaining to the responsible consumption of alcohol including those related to public intoxication, disruptive behaviour and public urination, remain in effect in these designated areas.
Peace officers have the authority to require a person to cease consuming alcohol in the park if the officer believes the person to be intoxicated.
Smoking and cannabis use is prohibited in St. Albert parks.
For more information and resources on responsible alcohol consumption, visit the AGLC’s DrinkSense website
Video length - 2:07
Last edited: November 15, 2022