The Animal Bylaw promotes responsible pet ownership and balances safety and enjoyment for all residents. The bylaw exists to protect people and pets.
Here's the Scoop
- Dogs must be on a leash that is two metres or less in length at all times, except in designated off-leash areas.
- Dogs must be on a leash on or within one metre of trails, in and out of off-leash areas.
- Dog owners are required to show leashes in off-leash areas, if requested by an officer.
STOOP AND SCOOP
- All poop must be picked up and put in a garbage can.
- Dog walkers must always be able to pick up after their dogs.
- You are required to carry extra bags and show them if asked by an officer.
Look for the Waste Bag Dispensers throughout the city. Take a Bag? Replace It!
DETERMINATION OF A DANGEROUS DOG
A dog’s behaviour will determine whether it is dangerous, not its breed.
FINES AND PENALTIES
- Dogs are not allowed in playground areas.
- Licences for dangerous dogs will have an increased fee.
For More Information:
24 hours Animal Control Services Complaint Line - 780-458-7700
(Found/lost dogs, excessive barking, animal conflicts etc.)
For general comments about off-leash areas/designations, please email: email@example.com
Last edited: September 17, 2018