Photo Enforcement Criteria
Leading Location Criteria
Sites, where Automatic Traffic Enforcement (ATE) is used, shall be approved by the police service of the jurisdiction and shall meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Areas or intersections where conventional enforcement is unsafe or ineffective;
- Areas or intersections with an identifiable, documented history of collisions;
- Areas or intersections with an identifiable, documented history of speeding problems;
- Intersections with an identifiable, documented history of offences;
- Intersections near schools, post-secondary institutions, or other areas with high pedestrian volumes;
- School and playground zones or areas;
- Construction zones; or
- Areas where the public or a community has expressed concerns related to speeding.
School and Playground Zones
- There are 68 school and playground zones around St. Albert
- School Zones – speed limit of 30 km/h; in effect on school days from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Playground Zones – speed limit of 30 km/h; in effect April 1 to October 31 (inclusive) from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Last edited: October 1, 2021