To limit the spread of COVID-19, the City is opening outdoor recreation amenities using a staged approach following public health order and provincial guidelines.
Amenities are available for spontaneous and organized sports groups. Group bookings for some locations will be available on the specific dates listed below.
- Ball diamonds - bookings are now closed for the 2020 season. For the full list of ball diamonds, visit Ball Diamonds.
- Boat docks
- BLESS Gazebo and other municipal gazebos in St. Albert
- BLESS platform
- Dog parks/off-leash areas
- Fowler Athletic Park - track bookings only
- For sport partners looking to book available diamonds, contact 780-418-6088.
- Kinsmen RV Park
- Lacombe Lake Park
- Larry Olexiuk Field
- Municipal picnic shelters
- Pavilions (Lions, Kingswood and Lacombe Lake Parks)
- Play structures: follow provincial guidelines
- Outdoor fitness equipment
- Outdoor public washrooms: open 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. (Lacombe Lake, Lions and Kingswood Parks are open year-round, Larry Olexiuk is seasonal and is open)
- Sports fields (football and soccer) - spontaneous use, for list of fields visit, Soccer, Football & Rugby Fields
- Tennis and pickleball courts: washroom facilities are closed
- VASA Hemmingway - artist use only
- Viewing platforms
- Woodlands Beach Volleyball and Woodlands Water Play Park are closed for the season
- Restrictions on mass gatherings and requirements for physical distancing are in place and must be followed when using amenities.
- Residents are asked to practice good hygiene (e.g. wash/sanitize hands before and after use, avoid touching their face, etc.).
For information on the City’s municipal Recovery Plan, visit the Facility Re-entry Plan.
Last edited: September 22, 2020