To limit the spread of COVID-19, the City is opening outdoor recreation amenities in alignment with public health orders and guidelines.
There is also a list of seasonal closures (annual closures, non-COVID related) below.
Visit Welcome Back to see which facilities are open to the public.
- BLESS Platform (located in Rotary Park, 2 Rodeo Drive)
- Boat Launch at Rotary Park
- Dog parks/off-leash areas (outdoor rinks for off-leash)
- Grosvenor Outdoor Pool (opens June 14)
- Larry Olexiuk Field
- Outdoor fitness equipment
- Picnic shelter - spontaneous use
- Play structures
- Portable toilets (Rotary Park, Alpine Park - 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Sport fields (ball diamonds, football and soccer fields) - for further details visit Field Conditions and Closures - (open for booked use as of June 1)
- Tarmacs, tennis and pickleball courts - for further details visit Racquet Sports & Tarmac Areas
- Washroom access only at Pavilions at Kingswood, Lacombe Lake Park and Lions Park (8 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Portable toilets at Alpine and Rotary Parks (8 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Woodlands Water Play Park presented by RE/MAX - includes beach volleyball court
- Woodlands Skatepark
When enjoying outdoor activities please remember:
- Two metre physical distancing must be maintained at all times
- Starting June 10 (Stage 2) – Groups are limited to a maximum of 20 people (unless from a single household)
- Fowler Athletic Park - closed for construction in 2021
- Outdoor rinks (includes Lacombe Lake Park ice, Freezeway)
- Restrictions on gatherings and requirements for physical distancing are in place and must be followed when using amenities.
- Residents are asked to practice good hygiene (e.g. wash/sanitize hands before and after use, avoid touching their face, etc.).
Last edited: June 10, 2021