Maintaining Safe Facilities
The City of St. Albert is following provincial guidelines and continues to take a thoughtful and measured approach in its response to COVID-19. As facilities reopen, the City has taken the following steps to mitigate COVID-19 risks to maintain safe facilities for residents, patrons and employees:
- All facilities, both public-facing and employee-only, have been inspected to identify hazards and controls needed to address them. Facilities are re-inspected before opening to the public for the first time to ensure appropriate controls are in place. Once open to the public, facilities will be regularly inspected to ensure ongoing compliance with safety procedures.
- Modifications have been implemented to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, as identified by facility inspection reports. Additional modifications will be made if new hazards are identified through ongoing inspections. Examples of these modifications include hand hygiene supplies, signage reminders and physical modifications, such as protective plexiglass guards.
Safe Operating Procedures
- The City has in place safe operating procedures directly aligned with the provincial guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. City employees will follow these procedures to ensure hazards are controlled and risks mitigated. Procedures will be created and/or enhanced as dictated by an incident investigation finding.
Training & Education for Employees
- All employees are provided with regular communications related to COVID-19, including a guide noting their roles and responsibilities for keeping City facilities safe. Additionally, employees receive training on COVID-19, its related hazards and the controls required. This includes information on how to prevent the spread of COVID-19, how to keep themselves and others safe, onsite training as needed for COVID-19 safe operating procedures and any further training as required.
Investigations as needed
- As per Occupational Health and Safety legislation, when an incident occurs, the City conducts incident investigations. The investigation process will identify the root cause of the incident and determine if actions are required.
Attending a facility? How to keep yourself and others safe.
In all reopened facilities, patrons must follow the provincial guidelines as well as the guidelines and any City guidelines implemented for the facilities:
- Stay home if you are experiencing symptoms (go home immediately if you develop symptoms while at the facility)
- Maintain 2 metres physical distance from others not in your household or cohort
- Do not share equipment, unless it is with a member of your household or cohort
- Wash or sanitize your hands and cough/sneeze into your elbow or a tissue
- Follow any additional guidelines or signage implemented by the facility. Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
Last edited: September 1, 2020