Public Health Measures
On January 14, 2021, the Government of Alberta announced limited provincewide changes to public health measures to take effect January 18; however, all other existing public health measures will continue until further notice.
Limited Restriction Changes
Effective January 18, some provincewide restrictions will be eased:
- Outdoor social gatherings are allowed up to 10 people. Indoor gatherings remain prohibited.
- Personal and wellness services are allowed to open by appointment only.
- Funeral ceremony attendance has been increased to 20 people, with mandatory masking and 2 metre physical distancing. Funeral receptions are not allowed.
All other mandatory restrictions will remain in place until further notice.
Complete details can be found on the Stronger Public Health Measures page of the Government of Alberta website. Information includes:
- Limited restriction changes effective January 18, 2021
- Gathering restrictions (indoor & outdoor social gatherings; out-of-town travel and visitors, weddings and funerals; places of worship)
- Masks, workplaces, schools and child care (mandatory mask requirements; working from home; K-12 schools, child care)
- Business and service restrictions (retail; restaurants, bars, pubs, lounges and cafes; entertainment and recreation facilities; personal and wellness services; health, social and professional services; hotels, motels, hunting and fishing lodges; performance activities; sport and physical activities, exemptions)
For the City of St. Albert, the Province’s mandatory public health measures continue to affect recreation and culture services, amenities and events. There are no changes to closures.
Affected Facilities and Services
Servus Credit Union Place and Fountain Park Recreation Centre were closed as of December 13, 2020, and will remain closed until further notice.
This closure includes the cancellation of all activities at Servus Place and Fountain Park Recreation Centres.
Jarome Iginla and Kinex Arenas remain closed.
If you have questions, call or email Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Saturday/Sunday between 8 a.m. and 12 p.m.:
- Aquatics at 780-459-1553 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fitness or recreation at 780-418-6088 or email@example.com
We encourage St. Albertans to stay active through physical-distanced outdoor, individual recreation activities. For example, pathways and trails, tobogganing hills, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, fat biking, skating and more. When participating in outdoor activities, remember to follow all Provincial Public Health Measures in place.
The Arden Theatre
The Arden Theatre is closed until further notice. The Arden Theatre Box Office is reaching out to ticket holders with more information on dates, refunds or credit options.
Performing Art Classes
Effective immediately, all performing arts classes will be virtual only until further notice.
- Chief Medical Officer Update - January 14, 2021
- Government of Alberta – Stronger Public Health Measures
- City of St. Albert – Information on COVID-19
- Government of Alberta - COVID Loves
Last edited: January 15, 2021