Dog-Friendly Parks & Off-Leash Areas
About Dog-Friendly Parks & Off-Leash Areas
The City of St. Albert has two dog-friendly parks: Lacombe Lake Park and Dodger Dog Park (located in the Campbell Business Area), as well as a number of designated off-leash areas which include outdoor boarded rinks. These areas are designed so that dogs and their owners can meet, exercise, and socialize. See maps below.
Dog-Friendly Parks are larger areas designated specifically for dogs that include signage, amenities and garbage cans.
Off-Leash Areas (including outdoor rinks) are available for dogs when not in use for organized sporting activities that have been scheduled and authorized by the City. Signage is installed at outdoor rinks clearly marking the area as off-leash and stating any restrictions.
Using Dog-Friendly Parks and Off-Leash Areas
- Dog feces must be picked up immediately when not on an owners’ property.
- Dogs must be licensed and remain under the owner's control (voice, sound or sight commands).
- Dog-walkers must carry a leash at all times. Leashes must be used on or within one metre of trails in all areas, including off-leash.
- Dogs must be on-leash if a regularly organized sporting activity is taking place within a designated off-leash area.
- Dogs are not allowed in playground areas.
Detailed maps of each individual park with off-leash boundaries:
For More Information:
24 hours Animal Control Services Complaint Line
(Found/lost dogs, excessive barking, animal conflicts etc.)
For general comments about off-leash areas/designations
Last edited: July 26, 2019