To learn more about responsible pet ownership, please refer to the Animal Bylaw
Dog Parks & Off-leash Areas
- Dogs are allowed off-leash within the designated area but must be on-leash when entering/exiting. For Lacombe Lake dog park, this includes when crossing the path to the lake.
- Dogs must be on-leash if a regularly organized sporting activity is taking place within a designated off-leash area.
- Owners must always maintain complete control of their pet -keep them within sight and verbal command range.
- Maximum three dogs per person.
- The City of St. Albert is on-leash unless otherwise posted. Dog-walkers must carry a leash at all times. Leashes must be used on or within one metre of trails in all areas, including off-leash.
- Owners must pick up pet waste immediately and always carry a means of picking up after your pet (carry extra). Pet waste can carry worms and other parasites which makes it dangerous to the health of kids and other dogs.
- Dogs must wear a current dog license tag.
- Dogs are not allowed in playground areas for the safety of children.
Last edited: March 25, 2021