The City of St. Albert maintains a wide variety of vehicles and pieces of equipment which includes ambulances and firetrucks as well as lawn mowers and snow plows.
- Acquisition, management and disposal of vehicles and equipment for various departments including Fire Services, Police Services, Public Works, Transit, Engineering, Corporate Services and Business & Tourism.
- General maintenance, preventative maintenance and inspections to any piece of equipment and vehicle.
- Provide safe, reliable vehicles and equipment.
- Each year Public Works is responsible for over 600 pieces of equipment and vehicles.
- Every unit maintained by Public Works goes through at least 1 full inspection per year.
Idle Free St. Albert
In 2018, St. Albert City Council passed amendments to the Idle-Free Bylaw which prohibits the idling of a vehicle for more than three minutes at a time between the temperatures of -20ºC and 30ºC. St. Albert is proud to be the first municipality in the Capital Region to pass such a provision.
The Garage department at Public Works is responsible for the maintenance of all the equipment and vehicles used to carry out the daily operations of various departments through out the City.
To ensure that all the City's fleet of vehicles and equipment are safe and reliable the Garage is comprised of 18 employees. With the work of several different positions the City is able to maintain its own fleet department.
- Garage Team Lead - manages shop resources and contracted work.
- Maintenance Planner - works with the garage teamlead and coordinates with all the departments at Public Works to ensure vehicles and equipment are scheduled for repair and maintenance in a safe and timely manner. Also monitors and updates the preventative maintenance program of all the City's fleet.
- Heavy Duty Technicians
- Automotive Technicians
- Automotive Service Worker
- Outdoor Power Equipment Technician
- Parts Technicians - operates the Stores/Parts counter and maintains inventory of supplies
To contact our Garage please call Public Works at 780-459-1557.
Last edited: November 6, 2018