The City of St. Albert is well known for its green and spacious parks and playgrounds. The Public Works department works to maintain 87 playgrounds on 73 sites in all areas throughout the city including all school playgrounds.
- Fence Repairs and Maintenance
- Park Furniture Construction / Installation / Repair / Replacement
- Park Signs Repair and Maintenance
- Playground Equipment Inspections
- Playground Equipment Refurbishment (Project Management)
- Playground Equipment Repair
- Outdoor Rink Boards Repair and Replacement
- Sports Field Bleacher Repairs
Preventative Maintenance & Minor Repairs
All school playgrounds are inspected monthly with minor repairs (tightening/adjustments) completed immediately and work orders created for larger tasks.
All city owned playgrounds are inspected monthly between May and October with minor repairs (tightening/adjustments) completed immediately and work orders created for larger tasks. These playgrounds are also inspected bi-monthly between November and April.
Major Repairs & Replacements
Asset Management provides long term planning function and project management to execute the repairs and replacement of all playground structures. The planning is completed on an ongoing basis and the replacements are completed as required.
Public Works also completes certified playground inspections upon the completion of new structures in conjunction with school boards and others.
Last edited: March 3, 2017