Residential spring sweeping is scheduled to begin Tuesday, April 19, 2022. This start date is weather dependent and could change.
Street Sweeping Information
The City of St. Albert will complete the following activities through the course of its spring cleanup and maintenance operations:
- Arterial boulevard cleaning and street sweeping.
- Collector boulevard cleaning and collector / residential street sweeping.
- Litter control.
- Pothole patching.
The City will be sweeping residential neighbourhoods on a rotational basis. All street cleaning activities are coordinated with waste collection schedules and will not affect regular pick up days. Sweeping notification signs will be posted in subdivision entrances before work's commenced. Watch for signs in your neighbourhood and check this page for updates! Street cleaning will take approximately 3-4 weeks, weather permitting.
The Spring 2022 sweeping schedule
|1. Pineview - Completed||11. Jensen Lakes - Completed|
|2.Braeside - Completed||12. North Ridge - Completed|
|3. Oakmont - Completed||13. Heritage Lakes - Completed|
|4. Erin Ridge - Completed||14. Grandin - Completed|
|5. Inglewood - Completed||15. Akinsdale - Completed|
|6. Mission - Completed||16. Sturgeon - Completed|
|7. Lacombe - Completed||17. Forest Lawn - Completed|
|8. Riverside - Completed||18. Kingswood - Completed|
|9. Ville Giroux - Completed||19. Woodlands - Completed|
|10. Deer Ridge - Completed|
What Can You Do to Help?
- Move any parked cars
- Sweep your sidewalk and driveway in advance
- Remove rubber driveway mats and any other on-street obstructions (basketball nets, waste collection carts, etc.)
- Do not park on the street until the signs at the neighbourhood entrances have been removed
Night-time crews will be working between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m. Residents backing onto arterial roadways may experience some related noise. This inconvenience will only last a short time.
Nighttime sweeping has proven to be very successful as City crews can sweep boulevards along arterial roads and center medians of the highway during the night.
This operation is beneficial because:
- It allows crews to operate more safely and efficiently.
- There is less traffic during the night and therefore provides a safer environment for crews.
- There are minimal traffic disruptions.
- It allows crews to complete sweeping earlier than relying solely on daytime operations.
The patience and understanding of residents is greatly appreciated.
Boulevard cleaning and street sweeping
Collector boulevard cleaning and residential / collector street sweeping is scheduled to start in the spring. All residential and collector streets will be cleaned during the day (7:00 am to 5:00 pm) and are scheduled to be completed promptly. These dates are contingent on favourable weather conditions.
Each year, the City initiates a Spring Clean-Up program with a round of litter picking at all entranced roadways in St. Albert. This cycle continues throughout the year and expands during the summer months when Public Operations has increased staff in the field.
Last edited: May 5, 2022