Students Ride Free Program
Promoting transit habits in our youth
St. Albert Transit is pleased to offer the Students Ride Free Program, which will run as a pilot project from March 1, 2019, to December 31, 2020.
The goal of the project is to promote transit habits in our youth that will carry on to post-secondary and adult stages of their lives as well as provide St. Albert Transit with valuable data and information on how our services could be used to supplement and assist the school boards with their transportation needs.
It is important to note that there are two distinct services provided by St. Albert Transit:
- Local service involving routes for neighbourhoods within St. Albert.
- Commuter service involving routes that take riders into Edmonton.
To clarify how the Students Ride Free Program will work:
- All secondary school-aged youth (ages 13-18) can ride local transit routes for free until December 31, 2020. These students will be using special tickets provided by their school administration (see below for more information).
- All primary school-aged children (ages 12 and under) can ride local transit routes for free until December 31, 2020. They will not require a ticket of any kind.
As an added benefit, riders 12 years of age or younger will be able to ride commuter routes for free without a ticket if they are accompanied by an adult who has paid the fare for the commuter trip. If a child requires travel to and from Edmonton unaccompanied, please contact St. Albert Transit Administration at 780-418-6060.
Students aged 13 to 18 will require a ticket to ride locally on St. Albert Transit. Ticket books are available at participating schools, retail outlets, St. Albert City Hall & the St. Albert Transit office. Please see the detailed list below.
- Bellerose Composite High School
- Ecole Alexandre-Tache
- Ecole Secondaire Sainte Marguerite D'Youville
- Elmer S. Gish Elementary / Junior High School
- Lorne Akins Junior High School
- Outreach High School
- Paul Kane High School
- Richard S. Fowler Catholic Junior High School
- Sir George Simpson Junior High School
- Sister Alphonse Academy
- St. Albert Catholic High School
- St. Gabriel High School
- Sturgeon Heights School
- Vincent J. Maloney Catholic Junior High School
- William D. Cuts Junior High School
|7-Eleven||23 Akins Drive|
|7-Eleven||1 Giroux Road (at St. Albert Trail)|
|7-Eleven||17 St. Anne Street (at St. Albert Trail)|
|7-Eleven||71 Liberton Drive (near St. Albert Trail)|
|7-Eleven||220 St. Albert Trail (at Green Grove)|
|London Drugs (St. Albert Centre)||375 St. Albert Trail (near Bellerose)|
|Petro Canada||174 St. Albert Trail (at Gate Avenue)|
|Petro Canada||770 St. Albert Trail (by Wine & Beyond)|
|Shoppers Drug Mart||665 St. Albert Trail (near Boudreau)|
|Shoppers Drug Mart||140 St Albert Trail (near Gervais Road)|
Last edited: January 23, 2020