Mandatory Face Coverings
Face coverings are now mandatory on St. Albert Transit and at all indoor public places within St. Albert, which includes transit stations.
Face coverings, which includes any medical or non-medical mask, fully covers the mouth, nose and chin and can include a cloth face covering like a homemade mask, scarf or bandana.
NEW: October 19, 2020 Bylaw amendment: As per the City's Face Covering Bylaw, a face covering includes a face shield. This amendment was made to provide additional clarity for residents.
As of August 1, non-medical face masks are available on St. Albert Transit buses for patrons without one. Masks will be available until supplies run out.
Please note: Effective August 1, 2020, all transit riders are required to wear a face covering on Edmonton Transit Service.
In addition to mandatory face coverings, St. Albert Transit riders must adhere to the following:
- Stay home if you are sick
- Physical distance while you are waiting
- Wash or sanitize your hands frequently and do not touch your face
- Cough/sneeze into your elbow
- Passengers should spread out on board when possible
- Stand away from the transit operator, give them space
For more information, visit stalbert.ca/covid19.
Last edited: October 20, 2020