The City of St. Albert has installed several hearing loops as a trial project to evaluate the needs for this system for the residents of St. Albert.
What is a hearing loop?
A hearing loop is a wire that circles a room and is connected to a sound system. The loop transmits the sound electromagnetically. The electromagnetic signal is then picked up by the telecoil in the hearing aid or cochlear implant. Loop systems allow hearing-impaired people to hear more clearly. For a person to use the loop system, they must have the ‘T coil program’ activated to be able to connect to the audio.
Please note: Individual hearing aid providers can activate the T coil and provide instructions on how to access the program
The following locations are now equipped with the hearing loop devices:
- The Arden Theatre Box Office
- Fountain Park Recreation Center – Customer Service Desk
- St. Albert Public Library – Circulation Desk
- Servus Place – Various Reception Counters
- St. Albert Place – Customer Service Center, 1st Floor
Please visit the following links to learn more about hearing loops.
Last edited: November 29, 2019