Young Artists Legacy Award Program
The Young Artists Legacy Award program provides financial assistance to young, aspiring artists from the St. Albert community.
The grant offers financial assistance to young aspiring artists by providing funding for:
- Education and/or professional development opportunities
- Travel assistance to showcase events and/or conferences
Applications intake for 2023 will open on March 10, 2023 and will remain open until 11:59 p.m. on April 13, 2023.
The Young Artists Legacy Award Program is intended to fund one training, education or career advancement opportunity per individual or group within a calendar year.
Consideration will be given to applications for programs, conferences or activities with a commencement date of January 1 – December 31, 2023.
Highlights of the grant program:
- The deadline to apply for the Young Artist Legacy Award Program will fall in the second quarter of each year.
- Preference will be given to new applicants.
- Grants are awarded by Council.
- Individual applicants can apply for up to $500 and group applicants can qualify for up to $1,000 in grant.
- The number and amount of grants awarded will be determined by the committee on an annual basis.
Before you apply, please read the Young Artist Legacy Award Program Application Guidlines
If you'd like to apply, please fill out the Young Artist Legacy Award Program Application Form
The municipal council of the City of St. Albert honours the legacy given to the City from the Lieutenant Governor of Alberta’s Distinguished Artists Awards through championing young artist development in our community.
Last edited: March 7, 2023