COVID-19 has made 2020 a challenging year on many accounts. City Administration has actively managed its budget to reduce the estimated 2020 deficit from $14.5 M to a more manageable $500,000.
This reduction was achieved through a series of reallocation of resources, cost-saving initiatives, deferrals of projects, and changes in service levels as a result of COVID-19 closures, while at the same time maintaining core service-provision through the pandemic.
For more information, see the 2020 Financial Forecast Agenda Report from the August 17, 2020 Council Meeting.
This upcoming budget process for the 2021 Budget will prompt difficult conversations and hard choices to ensure long-term sustainability and recovery from the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
PROPOSED 2021 Budget Information
- Proposed Financial Plan + 2021 Budget (Full version)
- Proposed Financial Plan + 2021 Budget (Overview)
- CAO Budget Presentation video
HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED?
- Online Budget Public Participation - October 13 - November 9, 2020
- Share your thoughts from the convenience of your own home using a new online tool
- Functional Budget Presentations - Nov 3 | 5, 2020
- Council Budget Deliberations - Nov 24 | Dec 1 | 3, 2020
- Council considers the Proposed Budget for Approval - Dec 21, 2020
Watch the video below for a message from our Mayor and Chief Administrative Officer.
Last edited: November 9, 2020