Heritage Advisory Committee
Meetings take place monthly on the second Tuesday at 6:00 p.m.
As outlined in Bylaw 43/2017, the committee shall:
- provide recommendations to Council on the maintenance and growth of the community's Places of Interest List and Heritage Inventory;
- regularly review the City's Municipal Historic Conservation Program and provide recommended updates and alterations to the program to Administration;
- make recommendations to Council on all applications for Designation as a Municipal Historic Resource;
- review any application by a Municipal Heritage Resource owner to alter, disturb, or destroy the Historic Place and provide comments to Administration;
- evaluate all financial and non-financial applications from heritage resource owners and make recommendations about them to Council;
- develop materials and communications to educate the public about the benefits that heritage conservation and Designation brings to the community as well as to owners; and
- report to Council at least once per year regarding:
- the Committee's progress in reference to its mandate;
- issues of significance to the Heritage Advisory Committee, and the Committee's annual priorities and goals.
Heritage Advisory Committee Members
- Jacquie Hansen, Council representative
- Ray Watkins, Alternate Council representative
- Grant Clarke, Chair, citizen member
- Denis Perreaux, Vice-Chair, citizen member
- Valerie Knaga, citizen member
- Jody Swanson, citizen member
- Brad Smid, citizen member
- Ann Ramsden, citizen member
Agendas and Minutes
Please visit the Agendas, Minutes, and Videos webpage to view recent agendas and minutes for this Committee.
Last edited: February 26, 2020