Seniors’ Advisory Committee
The Seniors Advisory Committee Outreach Team will be popping up at different locations throughout the city in August and September. SAC is conducting a survey and wants to engage with residents 50+ on issues that seniors are facing in our community. To find out where we will be, visit the Public Participation Calendar.
The Senior’s Advisory Committee (Bylaw 26/2018) shall:
- Through a senior’s lens, review and provide input into policy and other City initiatives as requested by Council or Administration;
- Upon direction from Council, prepare work or reports on matters that impact seniors;
- Provide recommendations for Council’s consideration on issues or initiatives that would support the well-being of seniors;
- Inform Council of initiatives of other levels of government or community trends that could affect seniors;
- Develop and maintain relationships with individuals and organizations that focus on seniors’ matters, as required within the scope of the committee;
- Solicit feedback from seniors in the community when the topic is in the scope of the committee mandate or at the direction of Council; and
- Report to Council at least once per year regarding:
- The Committee's progress relative to its mandate;
- Issues of significance to the Seniors’ Advisory Committee, and;
- The Committee's annual priorities and goals.
- The Committee may form sub-committees to manage specific issues referred to that sub-committee by the Committee.
- Ray Watkins, Council representative
- Jacquie Hansen, Alternate Council represenative
- Dawne Fowler, citizen member
- Joanne Baxter, citizen member
- Richard Tansey (VC), citizen member
- Ruby Olson, citizen member
- Barbara Hahn, citizen member
- Sandyne Beach McCutcheon, citizen member
- Elizabeth Hurley, citizen member
- Valerie Spink, citizen member
- Jeff Saunders, citizen member
- Valerie Ganske (C), citizen member
Agendas & Minutes
Please visit the Agendas, Minutes and Videos webpage to view the 2019 agendas and minutes for this Committee.
Last edited: September 5, 2019