Councillor Ken MacKay
Ken MacKay and his wife Peggy, have been residents of St Albert since 1989. He has one adult son and a Yorkie named Dax. In October 2017, he was honoured to be elected by the residents of St. Albert to represent them as one of their City Councillors.
Prior to his election, he was an investigator with the Office of the Child and Youth Advocate. Before that, he enjoyed a successful 33-year career with the Edmonton Police Service, retiring at the rank of Superintendent - serving in several diverse and fulfilling senior management positions.
He has experience in criminal investigations, emergency management, risk management, strategic planning, project management, program audit, and policy development processes. He is a life-time member of the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police (CACP).
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Physical Education
Council Committees 2020-2021
- St Albert Policing Committee
- COVID-19 Recovery Task Force
- Emergency Management Advisory Committee
- Mayor's Task Force on Homelessness
- Alberta Capital Region Wastewater Commission
- Edmonton Region Waste Advisory Committee
- Edmonton Metropolitan Region Board - Metropolitan Region Servicing Plan (MRSP) Sub Committee representative
- Alternate - Edmonton Metro Region Board (EMRB)
- Alberta Urban Municipalities (AUMA) - Safe and Healthy Communities Committee member
- Co-Chair Inter-municipal Collaboration Framework - Recreation Committee with Sturgeon County
- Alternate – Community Services Advisory Committee
- Alternate - Edmonton Salutes Committee
Last edited: December 9, 2020