Council/Standing Committee Meetings
Beginning immediately St. Albert City Council and Standing Committee meetings will resume virtually via the Zoom platform, which will also stream to YouTube. Council Chambers and the Douglas Cardinal Boardroom will not be open to the public, therefore, the public is unable to attend Council and Standing Committees meetings in person.
Members of the public who wish to attend Advisory Committee meetings via Zoom must send an email to email@example.com by 12:00 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting to register.
If you desire to address Council or a Standing Committee on a matter that does NOT appear on a published agenda, you must register at least 5 business days in advance of the meeting your wish to attend by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your desire to speak as well as: (a) the topic you wish to address; (b) your preference as to the date of the meeting at which you desire to speak. Your request will be taken to an Agenda Planning session and you will be informed by Legislative Services whether you have been scheduled to speak on that topic, and if so the date of the meeting at which you have been scheduled to speak. Please note that requests to speak on topics NOT on an Agenda are at the discretion of the Mayor or Committee Chair and may or may not be granted. Requests to speak on a topic on which the requester has previously addressed Council or a Committee may not be granted. Requests received less than 5 business days prior to a Council or Committee meeting will normally not be scheduled for that meeting but may be scheduled for a subsequent meeting.
If you desire to address Council or a Standing Committee on a matter that DOES appear on a published agenda, your request to speak must be received by email sent to email@example.com by 10:00 a.m. on the day of the meeting (or by 8:30 a.m. in the case of a meeting scheduled to begin before noon). If you are participating virtually, you will receive a reply email confirming your registration as a speaker and the Zoom link to the meeting.
The Chair of a Council or Standing Committee meeting may, but is not obligated to, allow a person who has not registered in advance within the time limits set out above to address Council or the Standing Committee.
Thank you very much for your patience and understanding as we do our best to ensure that the conduct of Council and Council Committee meetings is impacted as little as possible by the COVID-19 situation.
- Upon receipt of your email not later than 10:00 a.m. on the day of the meeting, you will be sent a calendar invite for the start time of the meeting.
- If you still desire to speak at that time, you must “Accept” the invite and then join the meeting via ZOOM at the start time of the meeting.
- Your computer mic will be muted by the meeting administrator until it is your turn to speak, at which time it will be turned on so that Council/Committee members and anyone else viewing the meeting by ZOOM or YouTube will be able to hear what you say.
- Speakers will only be invited to speak at the time the agenda item comes up for Council/Committee’s consideration, not at the beginning or the end of the meeting.
- The usual time limit of 5 minutes for an individual or a group, will still apply, subject to the discretion of the Chair.
Topics in this section
Last edited: November 2, 2021