St. Albert Strategic Plan
The St. Albert Council Strategic Plan (2018 to 2021) identifies what Council will focus on during its term of office. The Plan is based on the City’s existing Vision, Mission and Values, including the Pillars of Sustainability. The Plan outlines six key areas of focus and associated Strategic Priorities, presented in no particular order of importance:
- Growth Policy Framework: Develop a robust policy framework to guide growth
- Economic Development: Enhance business/commercial growth
- Building a Transportation Network: Integrated transportation systems
- Infrastructure Investment: Identify and build needed capital assets
- Housing: Enhance housing options
- Environmental Stewardship: Explore innovative environmental and conservation opportunities
The City of St. Albert’s Executive Leadership Team has also developed a Corporate Business Plan (2018 to 2021), which outlines how Administration plans to operationalize the Council Strategic Plan and support the Council Priorities.
In January 2019, Council held a strategic planning retreat to receive an update from Administration on the progress achieved towards their strategic priorities and to confirm their common vision for St. Albert for their four-year term. An amended version of the City of St. Albert Strategic Plan (2018-2021) was presented to Council for approval on March 4, 2019. Administration used Council's Strategic Plan, as well as discussions during the retreat, as the basis for preparing an updated Corporate Business Plan (2019 to 2021).
Review the Complete Plans
Last edited: January 29, 2021