St. Albert Strategic Plan
The St. Albert Council Strategic Plan (2022 to 2025) identifies what Council will focus on during its term of office. The Plan was informed by the City’s existing Vision, including the Pillars of Sustainability. The Plan outlines five key areas of focus and associated Strategic Priorities, presented in no particular order of importance:
- Economic prosperity will continue to be a priority for Council as they focus on advancing plans for development of the Lakeview Business District, completing plans for recently annexed lands and creating a positive environment for development.
- They will foster a vibrant downtown, where people come to live, gather, celebrate, shop and do business. By supporting a variety of community events that help promote our heritage, arts and culture, Council will support downtown businesses and encourage the establishment of a Business Improvement Area.
- Community well-being is of great importance for Council. They will ensure that they are responding to changing demographics and continuing to foster community where everybody has an opportunity to fully participate and feel welcomed.
- Council recognizes the need for adapting to a changing natural environment. Their focus will be on exploring innovative ways to reduce our footprint, protecting waterways and green spaces, and ensuring resilient social systems and infrastructure now and for future generations.
- The City needs to continue to explore opportunities to diversify revenue sources and advance investment in long-term net positive revenue generating infrastructure to ensure financial sustainability. As well, Council will support realization of efficiencies identified in the Operational and Fiscal Review and advance practice and process for the Internal Audit Committee.
Environmental, social and governance (ESG) risks and opportunities will be taken into consideration as policies and plans are developed and decisions are made.
Administration will now develop a Corporate Business Plan (2022-2025), which will outline how Council’s Strategic Plan will be operationalized. The Corporate Business Plan will be finalized this summer and presented to Council in August.
Review the Complete Plans
Corporate Business Plan (2018-2021)
Last edited: December 2, 2022