St. Albert Strategic Plan
The St. Albert Council Strategic Plan (2018 to 2021) identifies what Council will focus on during its term of office. The Plan is based on the City’s existing Vision, Mission and Values, including the Pillars of Sustainability. The Plan outlines six key areas of focus and associated Strategic Priorities, presented in no particular order of importance:
- Growth Policy Framework: Develop a robust policy framework to guide growth
- Economic Development: Enhance business/commercial growth
- Building a Transportation Network: Integrated transportation systems
- Infrastructure Investment: Identify and build needed capital assets
- Housing: Enhance housing options
- Environmental Stewardship: Explore innovative environmental and conservation opportunities
- Community Recovery Post Covid-19
The City of St. Albert’s Executive Leadership Team has also developed a Corporate Business Plan (2018 to 2021), which outlines how Administration plans to operationalize the Council Strategic Plan and support the Council Priorities.
In February 2021, Council held a strategic planning session to receive an update from Administration on the progress achieved towards their strategic priorities and to confirm their priorities for St. Albert for the remainder of their term. Council will continue with previously established priorities with one new priority added to reflect the work of the Recovery Task Force. The goal of the Recovery Task Force is to develop a set of recommendations that will aid in ensuring social and economic resiliency for the community.
An amended version of the City of St. Albert Strategic Plan (2018-2021) was presented to Council for approval on April 6, 2021. Administration used Council’s Strategic Plan and discussion during the retreat to update Corporate Business Plan.
Review the Complete Plans
Corporate Business Plan (2018-2021)
Last edited: April 9, 2021