Members of the public who wish to address Council/Standing Committee in person or electronically must send an email to email@example.com indicating your desire to speak, the topic you wish to address and how you will be attending, i.e. in person or electronically on Zoom.
All requests to speak to an item on the Council Agenda must be received at that email address by 10:00 a.m. on the day of the Council meeting. All requests to speak to an item on a Standing Committee Agenda must be received at that email address by 3:00 p.m. the Friday prior to the meeting. There will be no exceptions to this process.
All requests to Council on an item NOT on the Council/Standing Committee Agenda must be received at that email address by 12:00 noon on the Tuesday prior to the Council/Standing Committee meeting. There will be no exceptions to this process.
Presenting in Person
Please ensure to with your request to speak you indicate that you will be attending in person. Wait for your time to speak when the chair acknowledges and directs you to the podium. Please ensure to disinfect the podium once you have completed speaking. Be conscience of physical distancing as you are moving around the gallery.
- Upon receipt of your email not later than 10:00 a.m. on the day of the meeting, you will be sent a calendar invite for the start time of the meeting.
- If you still desire to speak at that time, you must “Accept” the invite and then join the meeting via ZOOM at the start time of the meeting.
- Your computer mic will be muted by the meeting administrator until it is your turn to speak, at which time it will be turned on so that Council/Committee members and anyone else viewing the meeting by ZOOM or YouTube will be able to hear what you say.
- Speakers will only be invited to speak at the time the agenda item comes up for Council/Committee’s consideration, not at the beginning or the end of the meeting.
- The usual time limit of 5 minutes for an individual, or 10 minutes for a presentation by or on behalf of a group, will still apply, subject to the discretion of the Chair.
Thank you very much for your patience and understanding as we do our best to ensure that the conduct of Council and Council Committee meetings is impacted as little as possible by the COVID-19 situation.
Topics in this section
Last edited: August 6, 2020