While we are in a state of public health emergency as declared by the Province of Alberta, the City of St. Albert Council/Standing Committee meetings will be conducted only by electronic means through the ZOOM platform, which will also stream to YouTube.
Members of the public who wish to address Council/Standing Committee must send an email to email@example.com indicating your desire to speak and the topic you wish to address.
All requests to speak to an item on the Council/Standing Committee Agenda must be received at that email address by 10:00 a.m. on the day of the Council/Standing Committee meeting. There will be no exceptions to this process.
All requests to Council on an item NOT on the Council/Standing Committee Agenda must be received at that email address by 12:00 noon on the Tuesday prior to the Council/Standing Committee meeting. There will be no exceptions to this process.
- Upon receipt of your email not later than 10:00 a.m. on the day of the meeting, you will be sent a calendar invite for the start time of the meeting.
- If you still desire to speak at that time, you must “Accept” the invite and then join the meeting via ZOOM at the start time of the meeting.
- Your computer mic will be muted by the meeting administrator until it is your turn to speak. At that time, it will be turned on so that Council/Committee members and anyone else viewing the meeting by ZOOM or YouTube will be able to hear what you say.
- Speakers will only be invited to speak at the time the agenda item comes up for Council/Committee’s consideration, not at the beginning or the end of the meeting.
- The usual time limit of 5 minutes for a presentation will still apply, subject to the discretion of the Chair.
Thank you very much for your patience and understanding as we do our best to ensure that the conduct of Council and Council Committee meetings is impacted as little as possible by the COVID-19 situation.
Topics in this section
Last edited: May 5, 2020