Published on November 15, 2021
City Unwraps Toys For Tickets
Support less fortunate families in St. Albert
The City will be unwrapping its annual Toys for Tickets campaign to support less fortunate families across St. Albert. Municipal Enforcement Services began this successful campaign in 2009, which provides an opportunity for individuals to give new toys as payment for their parking tickets.
For tickets issued between November 15 and November 30, 2021, the City will accept new, unwrapped toys as an alternative form of payment for parking violations. Toys received will be donated to the Fill-A-Bus campaign led by St. Albert Transit and Diversified Transportation, as part of St. Albert Kinette’s Christmas Hamper Campaign.
Last year, staff accepted 55 toys, valued at over $1,360. The City also received toy donations from residents who did not receive a parking ticket but wanted to take part in the program.
Toys will be accepted for eligible parking tickets only. The following conditions apply:
- Tickets must have been issued between November 15 and November 30, 2021.
- The ticket must be paid with a toy within the early payment date range to be eligible.
- Toys must be new, age-appropriate (newborn to 16 years), and in original packaging.
- The value of the toy must equal or exceed $25 and a receipt must be presented at the time of payment.
- Drop-off Location:
- Toys can be dropped off from November 15 to December 7, 2021, at the St. Albert RCMP Detachment (Maloney Place), 96 Bellerose Drive. Open Monday to Friday – 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- No appointment is necessary to drop off your donation.
- Place the toy (along with the receipt and your ticket attached), in the designated bin located at the front entrance of the St. Albert RCMP detachment.
* Please note: when dropping off your toys, please follow all provincial public health measures in effect on that day.
Similar Toys for Tickets campaigns have run in Red Deer, Fort St. John and Vancouver.
Want to stay informed?
Receive weekly updates by subscribing to City Highlights
Last edited: November 26, 2021