Be Part of St. Albert’s Largest Block Party!
Be part of the largest block party in St. Albert’s history! Bring your friends, family, neighbours, and anyone you can think of to the City-Wide Downtown Block Party on September 8, 2017!
From 5:30 to 9 p.m. on September 8, 2017, St. Anne Street will be closed to traffic and instead be home to fun, food and live entertainment – all for you!
Help us celebrate Canada 150!
- Check out the buskers and live entertainment!
- Watch live performances by the five finalists of St. Albert Canada 150 Songwriting Contest!
- Check out the photo booth!
- Visit with businesses and community booths set up on the street!
- Check out the food trucks!
- Take part in tons of activities!
- See St. Albert’s contribution to the Canada 150 Mosaic project showcasing 150 murals illustrating Canada’s cultural and geographic diversity!
Plus, share your Canada 150 story at the Canada 150 booth. Tell us why you are proud to be a Canadian and why you love to call St. Albert home! Your story will be shared as part of our Canada 150 Stories on the City of St. Albert website!
But that’s not all! New activities are being planned and added all the time! Keep watching our City-Wide Downtown Block Party webpage for new information.
Add me to your calendar! Click City-Wide Block Party
Hold your own Block Party!
Help build a safe and caring neighbourhood! Block parties are a fun way to get to know your neighbours. Plus, take advantage of the free food and free resources!
As part of Canada 150, block parties registered in 2017 will receive:
- The ‘Canadian Shield’ official Canada 150 rose bush
- A visit from the St. Albert Canada 150 Ambassador
For more information on how you can hold a block party, visit the City of St. Albert Block Party webpage.
Block Party – by the Numbers!
- 646 – Total # of Block Parties since 2008
- 27,536 – Total # of Crime Prevention Flyers Delivered
- 53 per cent of St. Albert Streets have hosted a Block Party
- 19 – Highest number of block parties in one neighbourhood – Erin Ridge in 2016
Last edited: August 17, 2017