Published on November 3, 2020
Remembrance Day Ceremony Not Open to the Public
This year, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Legion’s Remembrance Day Ceremony is not open to the public. Attendance at the event is restricted to reduce the possible spread of the virus. Live streaming of the ceremony will be available on the City's YouTube channel. Members of the public who wish to visit the cenotaph on November 11 are asked to wait until the afternoon, when the ceremony is over. If you do wish to visit the cenotaph later in the day, please wear a face covering and maintain physical distance from others visiting the site.
Ceremony Details (NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC)
- When: Wednesday, November 11, 2020
- Where: Cenotaph, located beside St. Albert Place
- Start Time: 11 a.m.
- Live Streaming: via the City YouTube Channel
Alternative Ways to Recognize Remembrance Day
Please consider these alternative ways to recognize Remembrance Day:
- Continue to wear a poppy
- Watch the national service on tv
- Stop at 11 a.m. on November 11 for two minutes of silence
- Donate to the Poppy Fund or to the local Legion Branch to continue to support the Legion and those veterans in need
Like this content?
To receive our weekly newsletter, Subscribe to City Highlights
Last edited: November 4, 2020