Published on May 6, 2020
Summer’s here! What can I do outside?
With nicer weather finally here, we know residents want to get outside, enjoy the nice weather and make use of the amenities in our community. The City is looking forward to gradually getting back to normal and is working on a recovery plan to safety guide us there. In the meantime, there are a variety of things residents can do outside.
What Outdoor Activities can we participate in?
- Our parks and trails have always been open! Remember to practice physical distancing measures while using the trails.
- Enjoy canoeing or kayaking but remember to follow physical distancing rules.
- Fish at Lacombe Lake Park but maintain physical distancing.
- Play catch, football or frisbee with members of your immediate household! It’s a great way to stay active.
- Spontaneous use of sports fields and open spaces is allowed – just be sure to follow the restrictions on mass gatherings and physical distancing requirements. Please note sports fields remain closed for scheduled/organized sporting activities.
- Community gardens are open for use, but gardeners are asked to maintain physical distancing.
- Have a fire in your backyard! If your fire pit has been approved by St. Albert Fire Services, you are good to go.
What remains closed?
- Playground structures
- Tennis and pickleball courts
- Picnic shelters/facilities in Lions Park and Rotary Park
- Sports fields remain closed for scheduled/organized sporting activities; however, they are open for spontaneous use – you just need to follow the restrictions on mass gatherings and physical distancing requirements.
- All other facilities, programs, events and amenities until further notice.
In the coming weeks, decisions will be made to open things up in a safe and measured way.
Check the City’s website at stalbert.ca/covid19 for the latest information.
Like this content?
To receive our weekly newsletter, Subscribe to City Highlights
Last edited: May 6, 2020