‘Tis the Season to be Waste Wise
The holidays are a time for spreading cheer, beautiful lights and family and friends. However, the gift-giving season can also leave us with a lot of leftover bows, ribbons and extra décor. Being mindful and reducing our waste during the holidays is achievable!
Starting December 14, the City of St. Albert will be sharing the 12 days of Holiday Waste Wise tips on Facebook and Twitter to help make your holiday eco-friendly. Each day until December 25, we will post a new tip that will land you on Santa’s nice list!
Here are five ideas to get you started this festive season:
- Use LED lights, both indoors and outdoors
- Start a new tradition and do something active with your family
- Send your holiday cards through email to save paper
- Compost your natural Christmas tree
- Use rechargeable batteries for lights and decor
Last edited: December 13, 2018