Published on July 21, 2020
Welcome Back to Recreation and Outdoor Play!
We’re excited to announce the reopening of Servus Credit Union Place and the Woodlands Water Play Park. These facilities provide the public with opportunities for much needed play, relaxation and recreation.
Please keep in mind that coming to these facilities won’t be like how you’ve experienced them in the past. We’ve made modifications to make sure everyone’ safety and well-being is priority while visiting, including facilities and programs opening in a staged approach that’s in alignment with the Government of Alberta COVID-19 guidelines.
Changes to the Woodlands Water Play Park Presented by RE/MAX
Beloved by the community and now open for splashing, playing and sunbathing!
- This facility is a popular place for spontaneous public use. We ask that community members share the amenity during peak demand by limiting your time to 2 hours when you see there’s a line-up.
- Please come changed and ready to play as change rooms are not available.
- There’s a new entrance to the left of the main park entrance to help staff monitor capacity. If the park is busy, a line-up will form as gate attendants keep count of users at the park.
- Please adhere to signage and markers outlining line-up areas for the concession and washroom.
- We remind users that showers are for rinsing off only, not a play feature. Only one person or one cohort/family at a time.
To learn more about the park, visit Woodlands Water Play Park.
Visit us virtually as we walk you through what changes you’ll expect to see at the park.
Changes to Servus Credit Union Place
The City’s community hub for recreating, exercising and pursuing health living is open as of July 20, 2020 and ready to meet your well-being needs.
Modifications to the use of the facility include reduced hours, physical distancing and various components and amenities that align with the Government of Alberta COVID-19 guidelines.
- Hours of operation July 20 to August 31 (with regular facility hours thereafter):
- Monday to Friday, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Note: On Saturdays, the Farmer’s Market is located in the Servus Place parking lot.
Select amenities open
- Open as of Monday, July 20, 2020
- Tailor Made Insurance Fitness and Wellness Centre
- Christenson Developments Track and Training Centre
- Three indoor arenas:
- Go Auto
- Mark Messier
- Troy Murray
- One indoor turf field: Tudor Veterinary Field House
Select Amenities Opening Soon
- Opening September 1, 2020 with modifications and restrictions as per provincial guidelines:
- Community Gymnasium
- Landrex Water Play Centre (cool pools, play features, water slides)
- Sarasota Field House
- Booster Juice
- Skybox Grill
- Fall aquatics, fitness and recreation programs sessions start the week of September 8 with additional start times throughout the fall.
These Amenities Remain Closed
- Child minding
- Landrex Water Play Centre (hot tub, steam room, sauna)
- Reliance the Furnace Company Community Room and other meeting rooms
- Ron Hodgson Leisure Ice
- Ron Hodgson Playground
For details on changes, visit Servus Place Reopening.
Welcome Back Video
See first hand the changes we’ve made to stay safe, what areas you can access through each entrance, checking-in for fitness and track users and how to flow through those spaces; and participant/spectator guidelines of booked arenas and field house.
Maintaining Safe Facilities
As facilities reopen, the City is following Government of Alberta guidelines and continues to take a thoughtful and measured approach in its response to COVID-19. To ensure the safety of visitors and employees in compliance with Provincial public health orders, we’re actively implementing measures to maintain safe facilities, including:
- Safety inspections
- Modifications as needed to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Safe operating procedures
- Training and education for both employees and the public
- Following preventative maintenance procedures for equipment and building systems
How to Stay Safe and Healthy at our Facilities
In all reopened facilities, patrons must follow the Government of Alberta guidelines and changes made by facilities. If you are feeling ill, do not enter a City facility.
For more information on staying healthy, visit COVID-19 Health-Related FAQ.
For details on how the City is managing facilities during COVID-19, visit Maintaining Safe Facilities.
Like this content?
To receive our weekly newsletter, Subscribe to City Highlights
Last edited: July 21, 2020