For Immediate Release / June 2, 2021
RCMP - Drug Unit execute search warrant
On May 22, 2021, St. Albert RCMP Drug Unit (SADU), with the assistance of St. Albert General Investigation Section (GIS) and St. Albert Traffic Unit, executed a search warrant at a residence on Mission Avenue after a month long drug trafficking investigation.
The search of the residence located the following items, which were seized:
- A loaded .22 calibre long rifle
- 20 gauge sawn off shotgun
- A box of ammunition
- A loaded black BB handgun
- Functioning scale
- Organized packaging materials w/ varying sized bags and labeled stickers.
- $3160.00 in Canadian Currency
- Bill counter
- 678 psilocybin capsules
- 212g dried psilocybin (cap and stem)
- 236.61g dried cannabis
- 180.93g cannabis concentrates
- 9508 mg cannabis edibles
Colton Myers (18) and a female youth (15), both of St. Albert, were arrested & charged with the following:
- Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking (x2)
- Possession of Cannabis for the Purpose of Selling It (x3)
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing the Serial Number has been Altered, Defaced or Removed
- Store Prohibited/Restricted Firearm in Carless Manor (x2)
- Possession (or carry) of Weapon or Imitation Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose to the Public
- Possession of Firearm Without a Licence (x2)
- Possession of a Loaded Prohibited/Restricted Firearm
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime under $5000 (Canadian Currency)
The female youth was released from custody and scheduled to appear in St. Albert Provincial Court on July 6, 2021.
Colton Myers was held for a Judicial Interim Release Hearing and was released by a Justice of the Peace. He is scheduled to appear in St. Albert Provincial Court on June 21, 2021.
St. Albert RCMP encourage the public to report any criminal or suspicious activity. Reports tell us where to look, who to look for, and where to patrol in the future. If you see a crime in progress, dial 911. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at www.P3Tips.com or by using the “P3 Tips” app available through the Apple App or Google Play Store.
- 30 -
Last edited: June 2, 2021