For Immediate Release / July 20, 2020
RCMP - Crime Stoppers - Theft From Vehicles & Crime Prevention
St. Albert RCMP are reminding citizens to remove valuables and lock up their vehicles as part of the "Lock It Up" #9PMRoutine project, which was launched last spring in the community. This past weekend, RCMP responded to several "Theft from Motor Vehicles" calls in the Erin Ridge & Deer Ridge sub-divisions.
Following the steps of #9PMRoutine are simple.
The #9PMRoutine steps:
- It's 9 p.m., did you remove all your valuables from your vehicle?
- Did you close the windows and lock your vehicle(s)?
- Did you park inside the garage?
- Is your garage door closed and all house doors locked?
- Are our house windows shut?
- Have you turned on an exterior light?
St. Albert RCMP are committed to the safety and security of it's citizens but officers need help from residents to help prevent such property crime from occurring. Removing the opportunity for the crime to happen is the easiest way to help. RCMP are reminding citizens to "Lock It UP" - lock/secure motor vehicles and remove all valuables including:
- purses/brief cases
- spare car/house keys
- garage door openers
- money/credit cards/personal documents
- cell phone devices/computer laptops/portable GPS systems/other electronics
- sun glasses/jewelry/tools
"Everyone has a role to play in keeping our community safe", says Insp. Pam Robinson.
If anyone has information regarding any crime, they are asked to contact the St. Albert RCMP Detachment at 780-458-7700 or their local police. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at www.P3Tips.com or by using the "P3 Tips" app available through the Apple App or Google Play
- 30 -
Last edited: July 20, 2020