For Immediate Release / September 16, 2021
RCMP - Warn Public of Increase in Thefts From Vehicle
The St. Albert RCMP has noticed a recent increase in thefts from vehicles in the community. To help combat this crime trend, the St. Albert RCMP urges citizens to follow the #9PMRoutine.
To prevent becoming a victim of theft, St. Albert RCMP would like to remind residents and visitors of the following tips to secure their property, and encourage the community to go through this list every night at 9PM. Set a recurring alarm on your cell phone to help you remember to:
- Always lock your vehicle doors and utilize a steering wheel lock
- Remove garage door openers and valuables from your vehicle including keys, wallets, purses, shopping bags, change, electronics, and sunglasses.
- Park your vehicle in sight and in a well-lit area.
- Close your overhead garage door
- Lock the door between your garage and house and all other external doors
- Ensure all windows are shut and locked
- Turn on an exterior light
If you have any information on any crime, or to report suspicious activity, you are asked to contact the St. Albert RCMP at 780-458-7700 or your local police. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) online at www.P3Tips.com or by using the “P3 Tips” app available through the Apple App or Google Play Store.
- 30 -
Last edited: September 20, 2021