For Immediate Release / May 18, 2021
Approved Grant Recommendations Support St. Albertans
At the May 17, 2021 City Council meeting, Council approved nine grants totaling $85,592 that support community services and arts development in St. Albert.
Grants awarded are from the Community Capital Program Grant, the Young Artists Legacy Award Program and the “Ad Hoc” Community Events Grant Program for 2021.
The 2021 Community Capital Grant Program will support the following St. Albert organizations:
- Kinsmen Club of St. Albert for renovations/improvements to the Kinsmen Banquet Centre and RV Park upgrades for $41,250.
- Muriel Martin Fundraising Society for the replacement of the play structure component for $2,661.
- St. Albert Soccer Association for upgrades to Riel Field 1 for $27,847.
- Wild Rose Parent’s Society for replacement of play structure component for $2,661.
The Young Artists Legacy Award Program will support the following St. Albert youth:
- Ben Brown will attend a virtual writing program hosted by Second City in Toronto. Second City is a world-renowned comedy organization founded in 1959 with branches in Toronto, Chicago and Hollywood.
- Mara Larmand will attend the Joffrey School of Ballet virtually. The school is a world-renowned dance school founded in New York City in 1953.
- Abigail Angell will attend an online creative writing residency program hosted by the Writers’ Guild of Alberta.
The “Ad Hoc” Community Events Grant Program for spring intake will support the following St. Albert associations:
- Jukebox Saturday Night Association for Rock’n August 25th Anniversary Celebration Parade for $5,000.
- Outloud Foundation for LGBTQ Community Supports and Services for St. Albert Pride for $5,000.
For more information, visit stalbert.ca and search Grants.
- 30 -
Last edited: May 18, 2021