For Immediate Release / June 29, 2021
City of St. Albert Issues Fire Ban
The City of St. Albert is advising all residents that effective immediately, there is a fire ban until further notice.
Due to extremely dry conditions in the area, the City of St. Albert has entered a fire ban, which means:
- No burning allowed.
- Public and private wood burning firepit use is prohibited. This includes backyard and driveway firepits.
- Propane and natural gas private firepit use is allowed, without creating an undue fire hazard.
- Propane and natural gas private barbeque use is allowed, without creating an undue fire hazard.
- Do not improperly dispose of smoking materials (cannabis, cigarettes, cigars, matches or lighters).
- Firework use is prohibited.
For more information and accurate updates, please visit https://stalbert.ca/city/eps/fire/fire-bans/ or call City of St. Albert Fire Services at 780-418-6069.
- 30 -
Last edited: June 30, 2021