For Immediate Release | December 05, 2018
Council Briefs for December 3rd
Council Briefs are provided for the benefit of community members with the intent of giving a short, informal report on what occurred at Council Meetings. For the official record, please review the Adopted Minutes, available on the City website. Webcasts of Council Meetings are available the day following a Council Meeting on the City website.
CSAC Recommendation: Games Legacy Grant
Council approved the following St. Albert Artist & Athlete Development grants:
- Abby Constantino: $800 for the 2018 Canadian National Water Polo Finals
- Hanna Johnson: $800 for the 2018 U16 Girls Canadian Fast Pitch Championships
- Jack McBride: $800 for the 2018 Sr. World Racquetball Championships
- Marion McBride: $800 for the 2018 Sr. World Racquetball Championships
- Paige Skogstad: $800 for the 2018 Canadian Synchronized Swimming Championships
CSAC Recommendation: Community Events Grant
Council approved the following St. Albert Community Event Grants:
- Dynamyx Gymnastics Club of St. Albert: $2,000 for their 25th Anniversary Celebration
- St. Albert Ringette Association: $5,000 for hosting the 2019 Western Canadian Ringette Championships
CSAC Recommendation: Community Capital Grant
Council approved the following 2018 Community Capital Program Grants:
- Covenant Foundation: $108,053 for the expansion and development of the multipurpose room and greenhouse at Youville Home in St. Albert.
- Fraternal Order of Eagles #2102: $19,118 for renovations to the kitchen.
- St. Albert Gymnastics Club: $6,099 for capital equipment purchases.
GPFC Recommendation: Municipal Naming Policy Amendments and Potential Significant Names List
Council approved the amended City Council Policy C-CC-05, Municipal Naming, provided as an Attachment to the agenda report entitled “Municipal Naming Policy Amendments and Potential Significant Names List.”
Humboldt Committee MOU
Council approved that the Chief Administrative Officer be authorized to enter into an agreement with the former Chair and Treasurer of the Humboldt Remembrance Committee to allow the City to hold funds generated from the activities of the Committee until the St. Albert Community Foundation is legally able to accept the funds for future administration.
Bylaw 16/2018 - Erin Ridge North Area Structure Plan Amendment (1st Reading) and Bylaw 41/2018 – 130 Element Drive North Redistricting (1st Reading)
Council approved the following recommendations:
- That Bylaw 16/2018, being amendment 7 to Erin Ridge North Area Structure Plan Bylaw 33/2009, be read a first time.
- That Bylaw 16/2018 be referred to the Edmonton Metropolitan Region Board (EMRB) for a decision.
- That Bylaw 41/2018, being amendment 164 to Land Use Bylaw 9/2005, be read a first time.
- That the public hearing for Bylaw 16/2018 be scheduled on February 25, 2019.
- That the public hearing for Bylaw 41/2018 be scheduled on February 25, 2019.
Amendments to Noise Bylaw 29/2018 (1st, 2nd & 3rd readings)
Council passed Bylaw 29/2018
- That Bylaw 29/2018, being amendment 1 the Noise Bylaw 31/2006, be read a first time.
- That Bylaw 29/2018 be read a second time.
- That unanimous consent be given for consideration of third reading of Bylaw 29/2018.
- That Bylaw 29/2018 be read a third and final time.
Bylaw 1/2019 - Closure of Portion of Coal Mine Road (1st Reading)
Council provided 1st reading of Bylaw 1/2019 and opened a public hearing to allow persons claiming to be affected prejudicially by the bylaw, or their agents, to be heard by the Council, be scheduled for January 7, 2019.
PH - Bylaw 44/2018 LUB Amendment – Corridor Commercial (2nd and 3rd reading)
Council provided 2nd and 3rd reading, passing Bylaw 44/2018. Council closed the public hearing.
Council went in camera to discuss several matters – Land Matter and Ray Gibbon Drive. Council also held dialogue with the City Manager, as well as themselves and discussed CAO Performance Evaluation.
- 30 -