For Immediate Release | May 15, 2018
Residents Encouraged to Attend Lacombe Lake Park Open House
May 22, 6:30 to 8 p.m., Bellerose Composite High School
Are you an avid Lacombe Lake Park user? Do you use the trails, picnic in the park, or take your dog for a run at the dog-friendly park? As one of the City’s most beloved parks, come learn what the City is doing to maintain and enhance its usability.
Residents and stakeholders are encouraged to attend the upcoming Lacombe Lake Park Open House, Tuesday, May 22 from 6:30 to 8 p.m., at Bellerose Composite High School, 49 Giroux Road.
Here’s the information you’ll discover at the Open House:
- Have Your Say! Provide your feedback on the small site enhancements and amenities you think would be beneficial at Lacombe Dog-Friendly Park. Examples: signage, benches, plantings, garbage cans, etc. Input will be used to help develop the park amenities plan.
- Learn how the City is improving the drainage within the dog-friendly park to help eliminate standing water issues, and the accumulation of silt. Construction includes:
- Developing two drainage swales to mitigate stormwater run off and reduce erosion.
- Drilling a new well and connecting supply line to provide a sustainable water level for the lake.
- Meet Municipal Enforcement staff and ask questions about various bylaws and enforcement at the park and throughout St. Albert. The City will be promoting and encouraging responsible pet ownership.
- Find out about the maintenance and service levels for the park, as well as the proposed plantings for the site.
- Learn about the Don’t Let It Loose campaign and the impact of invasive species on our aquatic environment. Also, hear about the Goldfish Management Program that is scheduled for Lacombe Lake in September 2018.
For further information, visit the City of St. Albert website at stalbert.ca and search Lacombe Lake Park Open House.
- 30 -