For Immediate Release / May 14, 2020
Update on the City of St. Albert's Response to COVID-19
Update for May 14, 2020
The City of St. Albert is taking a thoughtful and measured approach to help contain the spread of COVID-19 in our community. In an effort to keep residents and visitors informed, below is a summary of some current information to be aware of.
Pickleball & Tennis Court Re-Opening
Effective Saturday, May 16 at 8 a.m. Larose and Willoughby tennis and pickleball courts will re-open for public use. Public Health Orders remain in effect and we remind the community to maintain physical distancing and proper hygiene before, during and after using these amenities. Courts will be available for spontaneous, non-contact, unorganized sport only. No washroom facilities will be open for public use. Please follow all safety signage when using the facility.
- At Larose, two tennis courts and a selection of four pickleball courts will be opened for use.
- At Willoughby, all four tennis courts will be opened for use.
- The City has 12 tennis courts in total and currently six courts open as of Saturday, May 16.
- The City has 18 pickleball courts in total and currently four courts are open as of Saturday, May 16.
- It is anticipated the remainder of the community courts will open by Saturday, May 23.
Closures to City facilities
No new closures as of May 14, 2020.
Suspension of City programs or services
No new suspensions as of May 14, 2020.
City services still open/operating
Unless listed on the facility closures or listed above, all City services are still available for access by phone, email or online.
Cancellation of City events
No new cancellations as of May 14, 2020.
Please check the City’s website and social media for updates and further information. The City thanks its residents and patrons as we work through our response to COVID-19.
For more information on COVID-19, please visit the Alberta Health Services website, a link to which is available at stalbert.ca/covid19.
- 30 -
Last edited: May 14, 2020