For Immediate Release / March 19, 2020
Update on the City of St. Albert’s Response to COVID-19
Update for March 19, 2020
The City of St. Albert plans to provide daily (or more frequently if appropriate) updates to the media. We will no longer be doing cumulative news releases. For past information, please check the St. Albert website for past news releases.
The City of St. Albert is taking a thoughtful and measured approach to help contain the spread of COVID-19 in our community. In an effort to keep residents and visitors informed, below is a summary of some current information to be aware of:
Closures to City facilities
Effective 8 a.m. Friday, March 20, 2020, all City of St. Albert front counter facilities are being closed to the public to be consistent with many municipal counterparts. All available online services can be located at Online Services. The new closures include:
Planning & Development 2nd Floor:
Planning and Development have updated their online service to encourage electronic application submittals and discourage paper submittals. Please use the following links to submit the appropriate applications:
SAP 1st Floor Office
- Utilities, Business Licensing, Dog Licences and Tax payments can all be made using MyCity. If you need instructions on how to register, call the main switchboard at 780-459-1500.
- To apply for a business license, please download an application form, available on our website under Business Licensing and submit the application to email@example.com. All business renewals can be completed online through MyCity.
This bullet was added on March 20, 2020, at 11:30 am to clarify service availability.
Community Services Front Counter
- Selling of bus passes has been suspended but is still available online. In addition, please check with local community merchants that are still making them available.
- Information on culture and recreational programming made available at St. Albert Place will continue to be made available by phone, text and email.
- AISH and All Aboard bus passes (low income) will be mailed to current recipients for April use. For more information, call 780-459-1600.
- ESS Services, Income Tax Support, Subsidy Support and Counselling Support: While all of these will not be available in person, all attempts are being made to work with residents via text, phone and email. For more information, please call the main switchboard at 780-459-1500, and your call will be redirected.
NOTE: The Food Bank is Staying Open
- Cemetery Services will be made available by phone: Please call directly to 780-418-6060.
- Selling of bus passes has been suspended. Please check with local community merchants that are still making them available.
This bullet was corrected at March 19, 2020, 5:30 pm (it is currently not possible to purchase Transit passes online as was indicated in the release)
Suspension of City programs or services
- Occupied home inspections will be suspended through April 1, 2020, or until deemed safe for both homeowners and employees due to COVID-19 proximity concerns.
City services still open/operating
- Unless listed on the facility closures, or listed above, all City services are still available for access by phone, email or online.
Cancellation of City events
- No new cancellations as of March 19, 2020
Be Aware, The Clog!
A “Be Aware, The Clog!” campaign will be starting shortly using social media and the City website. Messages will focus on that flushing anything other than the Three P’s can cause costly sewer backups for residents and municipalities. For more information, visit Wastewater Management.
Please check the City’s website and social media for updates and further information in the coming days. The City thanks its residents and patrons as we work through our response to COVID-19. For more information on COVID-19, please visit the AHS website, a link for which is available on the City website at stalbert.ca/covid19.
- 30 -
Last edited: March 20, 2020